- The basic customs duty rates of 2%, 2.5% and 3% unified at the rate of 2.5%.
- Special additional duty on the clearances from SEZ to DTA exempted provided they are not exempt from the levy of VAT/sales tax.
- Basic customs duty on agricultural machinery reduced to 4.5 per cent from 5 per cent.
- Basic customs duty on raw silk reduced from 30 to 5 per cent.
- Basic customs duty on solar lantern or lamps reduced from 10 to 5%.
- CVD exempted fully on LEDs used for manufacture of LEDs light & fixtures.
- Fully exemption from basic custom duty is being extended battery charger, hands free, head phones and PC connectivity cable of mobile handset including cellular phones.
- Basic customs duty on bamboo used for manufacture of agarbattis is being reduced from 30% to 10%.
- The government has added a fixed excise duty of Rs.160 per ton on cement and reduced custom duty on pet coke and gypsum, key inputs for the sector.