Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Central Excise - Transaction Value -SC Judgement

The Hon'ble Supreme Court in case of M/s Super Synotex India Ltd. [2014] 43 taxmann.com 140 on the issue of abatement of sales tax under an abatement scheme where the assessee was allowed to retain 75% of the sales tax collected from the buyer and was required to deposit only the remaining 25% with the State Government. Under the circumstances, Hon'ble Court held that after 01.07.2000 i.e. under the transaction value regime, 75% of the sales tax retained by the assessee would form part of the assessable value.

0 comments:

Post a comment