Govt tightens value addition norms for gold jewellery
- For plain jewelry articles, the wastage norm has been cut from 3.5% to 2.5%, while that for value-addition has been raised from 3% to 4%
- Quantum of incentives fixed at 2%, 3% and 5% of the value of exports
- Online exports of select items, exports from Special Economic Zone (SEZs) to get sops
- Markets in European Union (EU) extensively covered under incentive schemes
- Exports to Foreign Trade Agreement (FTA) partner countries to get higher incentives.