External Commercial Borrowings (ECB) Policy - Issuance of Rupee denominated bonds overseas
The broad contours of the framework are as follows:
- Eligible borrowers: Any corporate or body corporate as well as Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) and Infrastructure Investment Trusts (InvITs).
- Recognised investors: Any investor from a Financial Action Task Force (FATF) compliant jurisdiction.
- Maturity: Minimum maturity period of 5 years.
- All-in-cost: All in cost should be commensurate with prevailing market conditions.
- Amount: As per extant ECB policy.
- End-uses: No end-use restrictions except for a negative list.