FDI policy in construction development sector
· Conditions of area restriction of floor area in construction development projects and minimum capitalization have been removed.
· Each phase of the construction development project would be considered as a separate project for the purposes of FDI policy.
· A foreign investor will be permitted to exit and repatriate foreign investment before the completion of project under automatic route, provided that a lock-in-period of three years, calculated with reference to each tranche of foreign investment has been completed.
· Further, transfer of stake from one non-resident to another non resident, without repatriation of investment will neither be subject to any lock-in period nor to any government approval.
· Nonetheless, exit is permitted at any time if project or trunk infrastructure is completed before the lock-in period.
· FDI is not permitted in an entity which is engaged or proposes to engage in real estate business.
· Condition of lock-in period will not apply to Hotels &Tourist Resorts, Hospitals, Special Economic Zones (SEZs), Educational Institutions, Old Age Homes and investment by NRIs
· 100% FDI under automatic route is permitted in completed projects for operation and management of townships, malls/ shopping complexes and business centres.
· Consequent to foreign investment, transfer of ownership and/or control of the investee company from residents to non-residents is also permitted. However, there would be a lock-in-period of three years, calculated with reference to each tranche of FDI, and transfer of immovable property or part thereof is not permitted during this period.
· "Transfer", in relation to FDI policy on the sector, includes,—
(a) the sale, exchange or relinquishment of the asset ; or
(b) the extinguishment of any rights therein ; or
(c) the compulsory acquisition thereof under any law ; or
(d) any transaction involving the allowing of the possession of any immovable property to be taken or retained in part performance of a contract of the nature referred to in section 53A of the Transfer of Property Act, 1882 (4 of 1882) ; or
(e) any transaction, by acquiring shares in a company or by way of any agreement or any arrangement or in any other manner whatsoever, which has the effect of transferring, or enabling the enjoyment of, any immovable property.
Post a Comment