President clears Madhya Pradesh labour reforms
Companies employing up to 300 workers will be allowed to retrench workers or shut shop without government approval in Madhya Pradesh against the provision for up to 100 workers earlier.
· Retrenched workers to get at least 3 months’ compensation
· In the event of a dispute, a worker has to approach conciliation officers within 3 years
· Workers to get earned leave after 6 months, which could be availed of in the same calendar year
· Overtime hours in a quarter raised from 75 hours to 125 hours
· Women can work in night shifts; state government to ensure security
· Plant & machinery to be excluded in calculating building and construction cess.