Foreign investors with Permanent Residency Status
Residency Status (PRS) to foreign investors who meet some set criteria in respect of minimum
investment and employment generation.
Push for foreign investment :-
- Minimum investment criteria of Rs.10 crore within 18 months or Rs.25 crore within 36 months.
- Minimum employment generation of 20 resident Indians every financial year.
- PRS granted for up to 20 years.
- Multiple-entry visa without any stay stipulation for PRS holder, spouse, dependants.
- Exemption from registration requirements.
- Allowed to purchase one residential property to live in.
- Spouse/dependants can work in private sector under relaxed salary stipulation.